Meet the doctor.
Dr. Joe Graves has been serving children and adolescents in East Tennessee with ENT problems since 1992. He was the first Pediatric Otolaryngologist in our region. He is Board Certified in Otolaryngology and Fellowship Certified in Pediatric Otolaryngology as well. He has been named by his fellow physicians as one of Knoxville's "Top Docs" in Cityview magazine 8 years, including 2014. He provides both medical and surgical treatment of Ear, Nose & Throat problems in patients from birth to 21 years.
Dr. Graves has a daughter and two sons who were all raised here in Knoxville. Being a parent allows him to be empathic with the parents of his patients. He enjoys getting to know the families/patients.
Dr. Graves strives to help families meet the challenges of taking care of their sick child or teenager. "It is a privilege to be able to help parents in taking care of their children and I love what I get to do everyday."
In addition to his busy practice, Dr. Graves is an avid bicyclist and is working with local organizations to help make Knoxville a more "bicycle friendly" town. He also enjoys many outdoor activities including hiking in the Smokies. Staying physically fit and healthy has always been a priority for him. Music of many genres is one of his passions, especially live music. Cooking for family and friends is his favorite way of relaxing.
• 1991 - 1992: Fellowship: Northwestern University, Children's Memorial Hospital, Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Chicago, IL.
• 1987 - 1991: Residency: University of Missouri Hospital & Clinics, Department of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Columbia, MO.
• 1982 - 1986: Medical School: University of Texas Health Sciences Center/San Antonio MD
• 1978 - 1981: College: University of Texas/ Dallas, B.S. in Mollecular Biology
• 1995 - Present: Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat Associates, P.C.
• 1992 - 1995: Greater Knoxville Ear Nose & Throat
Tennessee - 1992- present
Hospital & Surgery Center Affilations
East Tennessee Children's Hospital
Children's West Surgery Center
University of Tennessee Medical Center - Knoxville
Tennova West Hospital - Knoxville
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center - Knoxville
Parkwest Medical Center - Knoxville
Clinical Instruction and Teaching
• 1997 - 2000: Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville, TN
• 1991 - 1992: Fellowship/Attending Physician, Children's Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
• Late 1991: Clinical Instructor, Pediatric Endoscopy Course, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago IL
Instructor, "Diagnosis and Treatment of Sinusitis in Children," Pediatric Otolaryngology/Otitis Media Update, Chicago, IL
• 1981 - 1982: Research Assistant, Department of Biology, University of Texas at Dallas